“Pizza Pizza Pizza Fan Fest” returns to AU for Homecoming Weekend

Logan Gay

Homecoming is approaching which means the annual Pizza, Pizza, Pizza Fan Fest event is coming to campus on Oct. 12 from 11:30 a.m-1 p.m. Come out and enjoy delicious free pizza from your favorite vendors. 

This event is a tailgate that involves giving away pizza from different pizza chains around the city. There are nine different pizza chains that are involved in this event. There is also going to be cotton candy, inflatables, crafts and music at the event. So there’s something fun to do for everyone.

Although the pizza event is under new management it is still going to be as fun as ever with a lot of activities!

Even though CAB has taken over the Homecoming festivities, Pizza, Pizza, Pizza will still be very similar to the past, since it’s an event that students, alumni and families love to partake in year after year, according to the Student Life Intern for the Campus Acivities Board, Marissa Uhrig.

This event is all you can eat and gives people the perfect opportunity to try vendors that they have never had the opportunity to try before.  Everyone is always invited. Current students, family members of scholars and Ashland alumni are regular attendees of this event. 

Everyone should come out to the event because it cultivates spirit on campus. It is also a time for alumni and current students to have an opportunity to socialize with their old friends and to enjoy the campus as well as a ton of free pizza.

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza Fan Fest is a tradition that started in 2009 to celebrate the new Jack Miller Stadium. Now it has become a tradition to celebrate the success of the Ashland football team.

The idea of a pizza tailgate came from the impression that most people like pizza. The tailgate has a reputation for being a successful event. The crowd is always very eager to support the event. 

The Pizza Pizza Pizza tailgate brings spirit and excitement to the campus and it seems to be a tradition that is not going away anytime soon. So make sure that this is an event that you do not miss out on, because this is an event that is sure to have the campus fired up before the big game.

If you go:

“Pizza Pizza Pizza Fan Fest”

Location: The Amstutz parking lot

Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, October 12

Admission: FREE for everyone