Career Week schedule

Marin Haba

Find yourself without a resume or cover letter? Stressed out about finding an internship or job? Need help preparing for an interview? Not sure how to dress in a professional setting?

Thanks to the first ever Ashland University “Career Week,” you won’t be facing these worries alone. The Career Services Center is offering a full four days of nonstop career-related events. 

Career Week will be held Monday, April 21 through Thursday, April 24. 

Monday, April 21: On Monday night of Career Week a Resume & Cover Letter workshop will take place in the Career Services Center at 7:30 p.m. This workshop will help students learn the ins and outs of resume and cover letter building. They will be taught what to include in these professional documents and how to properly format them. Students with or without a resume or cover letter are encouraged to attend.

Tuesday, April 22: An Internship & Job Search workshop will be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night in the Career Services Center. During this workshop students will learn about the job search agents that are offered by CSC and how to use them and find what they are seeking effectively. 

Monday and Tuesday’s workshops will be held by full-time CSC professionals and are open to all Ashland University students and alumni. 

Wednesday, April 23: On Wednesday evening a “Marketing Your Skills: Panel Discussion” will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Trustee Room in Upper Convo. The panel discussion will allow students to gain insight in the hiring process and learn how to better market themselves to future employers. The Cleveland Indians, Smuckers, Westfield, Enterprise, First Day School Supplies, and Akron General Health System are companies that will be in attendance. Networking opportunities will be available after the event. 

Thursday, April 24: The Business Attire Fashion Show will be the last event of Career Week. The fashion show will take place in the Ridenour Room on the first floor of Dauch at 7:30 p.m. Twenty-four Ashland University students will model “what not to wear,” business casual and business professional dress at this event. The models are from all different majors offering style tips and tricks on how to dress like a professional version of you.

The Ashland University Career Services Center is reaching out to help you, at no cost, so don’t miss out on Career Week! 

The office located in room 254 in the Hawkins-Conard Student Center. The CSC office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Career Services offers assistance in making effective career and academic related needs, provides an opportunity to build career knowledge, assists in gaining professional employment and aids in graduate and professional school planning.

Walk-in hours are available for students Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. 

Individual appointments with a CSC professional are also an option.