CAB hosts paint party for AU students

Hannah Predojev

For the second year in a row, the Campus Activities Board is hosting their ‘Paint U Glow Party’ for all Ashland University students to enjoy in Redwood Hall. 

“This event is unique in the fact that no other event we host throughout the year is as fun and as crazy as this one,” CAB co-chair of committee A John Benko said. “This event presents an opportunity for AU students to just have a good time, dance, and get covered in paint.”

This is not just any ordinary dance party, as students have the opportunity to resemble a walking rainbow by getting covered in all sorts of neon paint. The event will feature a variety of colors ranging from blue, green, orange, pink, and yellow.

“Most CAB events are centered around free food or things like acoustic café that students sit down to enjoy. This event is more interactive and something students are truly immersed in,” CAB co-chair of committee A Grace Stockert said.

The music at the event includes a variety of fun throwback ‘90s jams, and top 40 hits.

“We want to create a fun environment for students that will enable them to feel comfortable and want to break out the ‘cheesy’ dance moves,” Benko said.

Additionally, the fun does not stop there, as a live DJ will also be performing.

“This year’s ‘Paint U [Glow] Party’ is going to be a ton of fun,” Stockert said. “We are having a company come in with their own DJ, and they will throw paint on the crowd. What could be more fun than that?”

Water is provided for those who want to rejuvenate after dancing the night away.  

For the event, students are highly encouraged to wear clothing items they won’t mind getting stained or ruined. It is also recommended they wear comfortable shoes that do not slip off easily. Admission is free with a proper AU school ID, which is required for entry. The paint party will take place on Oct. 21 from 9 p.m. until midnight.