Ashland University’s Theatre Department Presented for The Ten-Minute Play Festival

Tobin Grendzynski and Leanna Uselton performed together in AU Theatre’s 10-Minute Play Festival

The AU Theatre Department is known for the many plays it puts on each year. The last show for the 2022-2023 season, “The Ten-Minute Play Festival,” occurred on April 14 and 15. The cast and crew is entirely made up of students and, for this show, the directors are also students.

Bella Ayala, actor in The Goon, speaks on the rehearsal process, “I’ve loved coming to rehearsals because of how low of a commitment it was, and because it was student led. It can be daunting to go into the performing arts, but with ten minute plays, you get to partake in the best, bite size performance.”

This festival is completely student-led and directed by six different AU arts and sciences students, including Anthony Marchetta, Katie Snell, Tobin Grendzynski, Tiffany Sims, Mattie Vermilya and Anthony McFee.

“This collection of plays is one for the books. As an audience member, you can expect to see plays that will make you laugh, cry, and feel peaceful,” says Ayala, “Each director chose such a unique show and each character was casted so well.”