AU updates Covid-19 policies

Updated protocols and what to expect this upcoming semester

THE COLLEGIAN

AU see’s Antigone cancelled after COVID-19 strikes cast and crew.

The Ashland University Student Health Center has finalized COVID-19 protocols for the fall 2022 semester.

According to the summary, there are currently no university-wide mandates for COVID-19, however the health center states that, “program-specific requirements may still be in effect such as for Study Abroad, nursing and clinical environments or where required by external governing AU partners.”

The university will continue to approach COVID-19 as the virus evolves with updating public health guidance. With widespread access and availability of vaccines, tests and treatments, the health center encourages students, faculty and staff to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.

“Members of the campus community and those who visit our campus are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and up-to-date with all available boosters,” the summary continued. “Monitor yourself for symptoms of Covid or any illness daily.”

The Ashland County Health Department offers free vaccines and boosters Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Free COVID-19 home tests are available to pick up at the Student Health Center on the first floor of the Hawkins-Conard Student Center.

The health center advises that any student who tests positive for COVID-19 should notify the Student Health Center immediately. Masks or facial coverings are required when visiting the health center.

The Student Health Center urges that this information is “subject to change” as guidance from health authorities continues to develop and update.

Updates can be found on the Student Health Center website. These updates will be posted regularly and communicated on a campus-wide basis.